Text A Heart Disease：Treat or Prevent？
1. pend 时间/金钱/经历on sth./doing sth. 花时间、金钱、经历做某事
2. Emphasis on sth. 强调什么（名词词组）
3. Associate sb./sth. with sb./sth. 把什么与什么联系在一起
4. Take place 发生
5. Enable sb. to do sth.
6. Benefit from 受益于
7. Advantage 优势（n.）； disadvantage 劣势（n.）
8. Be encouraged to do sth. 被鼓励去做某事
9. Pay attention to sb./sth./doing sth. 注意
10. As a result of sth. 作为什么的结果
11. Tend to do sth. 倾向去做某事
12. Rely on sb./sth. 依赖某人/某事
13. Take responsibility for sth./sb. 对某人或某事负责
14. Succeed in doing sth. 成功作某事
15. Be aware of 意识到
1. he death rate from the disease has been increasing at an alarming speed for the past thirty years.
2. Die of 死于疾病；die from 死于外因
3. 时态题：Many operations that were considered impossible a few years ago are now performed every day in U.S. hospitals.
4. 时态题：In the recent past， medical researchers have begun to emphasize the fact that heart disease is associated with（与什么相联系） stress， smoking and a lack of（缺少） exercise.
5. Many are paying more attention to reducing stress in their lives.
6. The number of smokers in the United States is now far（副词用来强调） below the level of twenty years ago as many people succeed in breaking the habit and as fewer people take it up.
7. Benefit 受益（n.或v.）； beneficial 受益的（adj.）
8. Increase 增加；decrease 减少
Text B Dieting Your Way to Health
1. Go on 继续
2. Regardless of 不管；无论
3. Have sth. in common 在哪方面有相似之处
4. Lose weight 减肥
5. Do harm to sb./sth.； be harmful to sb./sth. 对某人或某事不利
6. Sth. is supplied to sb. 把某物供应给某人
7. Lose interest in sth. 对什么丧失兴趣
8. Resistance to sth. 对什么的抵制
9. As a result 结果是
10. Suffer from 承受
11. Take the place of 替代
12. Lead to（介词） 导致
13. Result in 导致
14. Lead a happy life 过一个幸福的生活
15. Provide sb. with sth. 给某人提供什么
16. Keep sb./sth. from sth. 事某人或某事免受
17. Take substitutes for sb./sth. 替代
1. Though their common aim may seem basically good， they probably do not realize that misguided dieting can do more harm than good to their health.
a strict diet 试比较 too strict a diet （很严格的饮食）
a great quantity of books 试比较 as great a quantity of books （大量的书）
3. Much less food than usual 此处的much放在比较级less前起到一个强调的作用；less是little的比较级
4. What（what在主语从句中做realize的宾语，指事，所以用what） they do not realize， however， is that carbohydrates are our bodies'main source of energy.
5. As a result， they try to avoid eating（avoid这个动词后如果加动词应该用动词的ing形式） these foods， and consequently， they become weaker and less（less是little的比较级） healthy.
6. They begin to have difficulty sleeping（省略介词in） properly and start to suffer from radical mood changes.
7. In fact，such artificial sweeteners actually increase one's appetite and lead to one's eating even more than usual.
8. Of course， the fact that misguided forms of dieting result in so many problems does not mean that no dieting is safe or all dieting is harmful to the health.
9. Well-balanced 均衡的
10. Skimmed milk 脱脂牛奶
11. Instead of regular milk， one can take skimmed milk， which contains as many proteins and minerals as regular milk but has had the fat removed.（has是完成时态的助动词；had表示使，让；跟在has后面用了have的过去分词形式had；由于脂肪发不出remove的动作，所以用了remove的过去分词形式）
12. In the same way， vegetable oil can be used for cooking instead of animal oil.