Text A Scientific Attitudes
1. Seek answers to questions 寻找什么问题的答案（seek的过去式：sought）/动词词组
2. lay aside 搁置（lay的过去式：Laid）/动词词组
3. Be curious about 对什么好奇/形容词词组
4. Take apart （e.g. a watch） 拆散/动词词组
5. Combine sth. with sth. 把什么和什么结合在一起/动词词组
6. Carry out the experiment 完成试验/动词词组
7. Belief in sth./sb. 相信某人或某事/名词词组
8. （there is）an explanation for sth. 解释某事/名词性词组
9. There is a good reason why +句子 这就是为什么的原因
10. Not at all 一点也不/副此词组
11. Regardless of 不管；无论/形容词词组
12. Succeed in sth./doing sth. 成工作某事/动词词组
13. The solutions to problems 问题的解决办法/名词的解决方法
14. In advance 提前/副词词组
15. Adapt sth. to sth. 使什么适应什么/动词词组
16. Make up one's mind 下定决心/动词词组
17. Once and for all 一劳永逸地/副词词组
18. Change in thinking 思想的转变/名词词组
19. Make sth. necessary 事某事很必要/动词词组
20. In the light of sth. 根据，参照，考虑到/介词词组
21. Respect for sth. 对什么的尊敬/名词词组，动词词组
22. The difficulty comes up. 问题产生了
23. Base on sth. 根据什么/动词词组
24. It may take time for sth./sb. to do sth. 做某事花某人多长时间
25. Conditions for sth. 什么的条件/名词词组
4. Scientifically minded people 有科学头脑的人
5. In cases where the explanation is unknown the scientific point of view is that there is a reason if it can only be discovered. 在对于现象还无法解释的时候，科学的观点是有理由相信迟早这种解释是可以被发现的。
6. This means the ability to（做什么的能力） face the facts as they are（实事求是） regardless of what one has previously thought.
8. The worker in science must face facts whether they are pleasant or unpleasant.
I didn't know whether to laugh or to cry when I heard the news.是…还是…
Whether he succeeds or fails， he has to do his best.
He doesn't know whether she is in Britain or she has gone to France.
9. Thomas Edison failed thousands of times before he succeeded in producing the first electric lamp.
11. Scientific truth offers an explanation that is acceptable only in the light of what is known at a particular time.
12. New ideas are frequently very slow to be accepted.
13. Continued progress 继续的发展
14. 时态题：There is an experiment on the sprouting of seeds which has been running for more than 50 years.
Text B Solving Problems Scientifically
1. Arouse one's curiosity 引起某人的注意/动词词组
2. Result from=arise from 由于/动词词组；result in 导致/动词词组
3. Give clue for doing sth. 为做某事提供线索/动词词组
4. Build a firm foundation for doing sth. 为做某事打下坚实的基础/动词词组
5. Make an inference 做推论/动词词组
6. Turn out to be 结果是/动词词组
7. Check with 与什么相符/动词词组
2. A thoroughly understood problem is well started toward solution. Be well started toward 是什么的良好开端。
3. The development of industry has also brought about large numbers of problems which have to be solved.
4. Related questions 相关问题；unanswered questions 为回答的问题；controlled conditions 被控制的条件
6. Should the observations or predictions turn out to be as expected， the scientist has added confidence in the probable truth of his hypothesis. = If the observations or predictions should turn out to be as expected， the scientist has added confidence in the probable truth of his hypothesis.