您的位置:自考365 > 复习指导 > 笔记串讲 > 公共课 > 英语(二) > 自考“综合英语(二)”下册详解(64)

自考“综合英语(二)”下册详解(64)

2007-07-24 16:13   【 】【我要纠错

  47.Well,it suits me.哦,这倒对我挺合适的。

  suit sb:be convenient for/acceptable to sb.对……合适;能被……接受,又如:

  It'll suit me very well if e set off at 8 in the morning.

  早上8点出发对我挺合适的。

  This arrangement suits us perfectly.

  这一安排对我来说太合适了。

  48.Carole and Randy both jump into action,getting their clothes out of their respective closets.卡罗和兰蒂赶紧行动起来,从他们各自的衣橱里拿出衣服。

  jump into action:赶紧行动。注意jump在下列两个短语中的意思:

  jump to one's feet一下子跳起来(原来坐着或躺着)

  jump to a conclusion轻率下结论

  49.Say,this suit could stand a pressing.喂,这身西服压一压才好。

  1)Say,(int.):(美)喂;哎呀。用来引起别人的注意,有时也表示惊讶。

  2)stand vt:经受,遭受,经得起,又如:

  Their friendship has stood the test of time.

  他们的友谊经受了时间的考验。

  A number of old people could not stand the severe cold,and returned to the south.

  一部分老人受不了严寒而回到南方。

  50.It's going to look all right,isn't it?I mean,our going with Muriel.—(You think it'll look okay if we're going to the funeral as Muriel's family,don't you?)这么做合适吗?我是说我们和缪里尔一起去不失身份吧。(兰蒂突然又感到,以自己女佣家人身份去参加这样的活动,是否有失身份。)

  I mean:(见注30——2)(spoken)used to explain or correct what you have just said

  He's impolite-I mean,he never greets his colleagues.

  他真没礼貌,我是说,他从不和同事打招呼。

  We'll have an exam on Tuesday,I mean,Thursday.

  我们星期二考试,不对,是星期四。

  51.……we have a duty to Muriel,our cook.

  ……We have to look after Muriel,our cook.(We've got to bring her back home from the house.)

  have a duty to do:to have to do sth.because it is morally or legally right

  We have a duty to our aged parents.

  对年迈的父母我们应该尽自己的职责。

  We all have a duty to protect the environment.

  我们都有责任保护环境。

  52.Scotty practically raised her.And we feel that we should take her with us,and then,of course,we'll have to go to the home afterwards.Just family and a few of his very closest friends.We can't get out of it…

  可以说是斯格蒂把她养大的。我们感到我们应该让她跟我们一起去,自然随后我们就去他家里,是家里的人和他最亲近的朋友聚一下。这件事我们是推卸不了的……(注意卡罗的口气与她和缪里尔谈此事的口气完全不一样。对缪里尔说她和兰蒂以她的家人身份出席葬礼,此刻她却说是她和兰蒂带缪里尔去。明明是她死皮赖脸地要和缪里尔一起去,现在却说带缪里尔是他们不可推卸的责任。)

  get out of (doing) sth:avoid a responsibility or duty推卸责任,又如:

  The couple decided to spend the weekend in a hotel,just to get out of housework.

  这对夫妇决定去旅馆过周末,为的是摆脱一下家务。

  If you go on trying to get out of paying taxes,you'll sooner or later get into trouble.

  你要是继续想方设法逃税,你早晚会受到惩罚的。

  53.(To himself,while dressing.)I guess it'll look all right.After all,funerals are very democratic affairs.(边穿衣服边自言自语)我觉得这件事没有什么不妥之处,葬礼毕竟是件不注重阶级区别的社交活动。(兰蒂始终感到以佣人家属的身份去参加引人注目的葬礼有占领失身份,他最后自嘲地找到了一个理由。)

  1)After all(见注25——1,注43——3)

  2)democratic:paying no or little attention to class divisions based on birth or wealth不注重或几乎不注重因出身和财产多少而产生的阶级差别。

本文转载链接:自考“综合英语(二)”下册详解(64)

分享到:
  • 站内搜索
  • 课程搜索
  • 试题搜索

热门搜索:教材 报名 查分 免考 考试计划