您的位置:自考365 > 复习指导 > 笔记串讲 > 公共课 > 英语(二) > 自考“综合英语(二)”下册详解(36)

自考“综合英语(二)”下册详解(36)

2007-07-23 16:23   【 】【我要纠错

  11.You don't mean to say you talked to him about her?你不会真的跟他谈起了劳拉吧?

  用陈述句的语序加问号构成的一般疑问句用升调,表示问话的人想对方确认他的话

  eg:You are a writer?你是个作家吧?(问话人认为对方是作家,想得到确认。)

  eg:You are not going to Dalian with the rest of you family?

  你不和家里的人一起去大连吧?

  mean to say:admit readily愿意承认(一般用于疑问句)

  eg:You don't mean to say I am unfair?你是说我不公平吗?

  eg:Do you mean to say you've given up your job?

  你真的是放弃了你的那份工作?

  eg:You don't mean to say you hit her?

  你当真打了她?

  12.That old beggar,as you call him is one of the richest men in Europe.

  你称为老乞丐的那个人是欧洲的大富翁。

  as you call him:插入主句中的定语从句,as是关系代词,代表old beggar,在从句中作宾语him的补足语。as作关系代词往往表示整个主句。

  eg:The situation in the country,as the president has pointed out,is improving.

  正如总统所指出的那样,这个国家的形势一天天好起来。

  eg:The earth,as we all know,moves around the sun.正如我们知道的那样,地球绕着太阳转。

  eg:The environmental problems,as our government has promised,have been improved a lot.

  正如政府所许诺的那样,环境问题有了很大的改善。

  13.What on earth do you mean?你到底是什么意思?

  how/why/where/who,etc+ on earth/in the world表示强调/加强语气

  eg:What on earth are you doing?

  你到底在干什么?

  eg:How on earth did she manage that?

  她究竟是怎么把事情办成的?

  eg:Where in the world have you been?

  你到底跑到哪里去了?

  14.He is a great friend of mine,buys all my pictures and that sort of thing 

  他是我的好朋友,买我所有的作品等等。

  that sort/kind of thing:类似的其他事情

  eg:In the summer camp,the children go swimming ,play games,that sort of thing.

  孩子们在夏令营游泳、玩游戏等。

  eg:Participants in the short-term course attend lectures,have discussions,that sort of thing.

  短训班的学员听课、讨论以及进行其他类似的活动。

  15……gave me a commission a month ago to paint him as a beggar.一个月之前他给了我一笔佣金,叫我把他画成个乞丐。

  —— ……a month ago he told me to paint a picture of him as a beggar.

  commission:a formal request to sb.to design or make a piece of work such as a building or a painting 佣金

  16.It is the whimof a millionaire.You know these rich men.—— Millionaires often suddenly want to do such unusual things.这当然是百万富翁一时心血来潮的怪念头,你知道这帮阔老爷是会做这种事的。

  whim:a sudden feeling that you would like to do or have esp.

  eg :When there is on particularly important and good reason. 

  心血来潮

  eg:We decided,on a whim,to fly to Hainan. 

  我们一时心血来潮决定乘飞机去海南。

  eg:Lately,the president has been firing and picking new ministers at whim.

  最近,总统总是凭一时心血来潮任免部长。

  17.…he sank in an arm-chair the picture of dismay.他跌坐进一把扶手椅,一幅惊恐的模样。

  the picture of dismay在句中作主语he的补足语。

  the picture of一幅……样子/模样

  the picture of health/ innocence/ despair,etc.:look very healthy,etc.看起来很健康/无辜/绝望等

  eg:Wearing rags and holding out his hat for money,the old model was the picture of misery.

  身着破衣烂衫,伸出帽子讨钱,这老模特的模样十分悲惨。

  eg:With flowers in his hands and dozens of former students around him,the old man is the very picture of happiness and content.手捧鲜花,被几十个以前教过的学生簇拥着,那位老人简直是幸福和满足的化身。

  18.…he burst into a roar of laughter.他放声大笑起来。 burst into:(突然)放声(大笑、高唱、痛哭)

  eg:He burst into tears when he heard the news.  

  听到那消息后,他放声大哭。

  eg:As soon as Mr.Adams entered,his Chinese colleagues burst into singing:“Happy birthday to you!”

  亚当斯先生一进来,他的中国同事就高唱起来:“祝你生日快乐!”

  eg:He burst into tears.  

  他突然哭了。

  eg:He burst into running.  

  他突然拔腿就跑。

  19.“……you'll never see it again.His business is with other men’s money.”—— He invests other men's.(Most likely he is a broker-a person who buys and sells things,for example,shares in a business,for other people.Maybe he is a banker or he runs an investment company,or that sort of thing.) .你的那一英镑是拿不回来了,他做的是别人的钱的生意。(前一句话是开开 玩笑,后一句指他是银行家或是经营投资公司。)

  business 生意,商业

  bushiness school商学院

  business hours营业时间

  go into business从事商业,下海经商

  20.“I think you ought to have toldme,Alan,” said Hughie in a bad temper,“and have let me make such a fool of myself”

  “艾伦,你为什么不早告诉我?”休吉生气地说。“你不应该让我出丑。”

  ought to have done sth.:should have done表示过去应该做而没有做的事(有责备的含义)。

  eg:You should have handed in your paper last week. 

  你本应该上个星期把论文交上来。

  eg:He ought to have finished his work yesterday. 

  他本应该昨天就完成工作。

  make a fool of oneself:因干愚蠢的事而丑

  eg:At the party,he drank too much,and made a fool of himself.在聚会时,他喝酒太多,闹出不少笑话。

  eg:If you go to the funeral in this dress,you'll make a fool of yourself.

  你要是穿这件连衣裙去参加葬礼,你会出丑的。

本文转载链接:自考“综合英语(二)”下册详解(36)

分享到:
  • 站内搜索
  • 课程搜索
  • 试题搜索

热门搜索:教材 报名 查分 免考 考试计划