72. Will the financial （reverse， adverse） prevent you from taking a holiday this summer？
Reverse： the exact opposite of what has just been mentioned
Adverse： not good or favorable
73. The （distribution， allotment） of funds to these universities is decided by the Ministry of Education.
Distribution： the act of sharing things among a large group of people in a planned way（普通的分配）
Allotment： an amount or share of something such as money or time that is given to someone or something， or the process of doing this（尤指上下级之间的分配）
74. The employees are openly （contemptuous， contemptible） of their corrupt manager.
Contemptuous， Contemptible： see number 19
75. The gardener was asked to cut the bushes （even， equal） with the fence.
Even： flat and level， with no parts that are higher than other parts （作形容词表示与持平的）
Equal： the same in size， number， amount， value etc as something else
76. His handwriting was so tiny that it was hardly （readable， legible）。
Readable： interesting and enjoyable to read， and easy to understand（因有趣味而可读的）
Legible： written or printed clearly enough for you to read（因书写印刷清晰而可读的）
77. The （shameful， shameless） family secret was brought to light.
Shameful： shameful behavior or actions are so bad that someone should feel ashamed（形容行动或事件）
Shameless： not seeming to be ashamed of your bad behavior although other people think you should be ashamed（只能形容人）
78. The bus came to a （quick， abrupt） stop， and some passengers lost their balance.
Quick： lasting for or taking only a short time
Abrupt： sudden and unexpected
79. Mary aired her （grievances， grief） at not being treated fairly by the salesperson.
Grievances： a belief that you have been treated unfairly， or an unfair situation or event that affects and upsets you（委屈，冤情）
Grief： extreme sadness， especially because someone you love has died
80. He felt （daunted， discouraged） by the enormous difficulties involved in completing the construction of the airport in one year.
Daunt： to make someone feel afraid or less confident about something
Discouraged： no longer having the confidence you need to continue doing something
81. There is a （contrariness， contradiction） between what he says and what he does.
Contrariness： someone who is contrary deliberately does different things from other people （contrary特有的意思）
Contradiction： a difference between two statements， beliefs， or ideas about something that means they cannot both be true
82. It was in the （dark， dim） light of the early dawn that I saw a man moving towards me.
Dark： if it is dark， there is little or no light
Dim： fairly dark or not giving much light， so that you cannot see well
83. The poor， sick man is （abused， tormented） by the policeman‘s endless interrogation.
Abuse： to treat someone in a cruel and violent way， often sexually（虐待尤指性方面的）； to deliberately use something for the wrong purpose or for your own advantage（滥用）
Torment： to make someone suffer a lot， especially mentally
Interrogate： to ask someone a lot of questions for a long time in order to get information， sometimes using threats
84. Too much food （induces， tempts） sleepiness.
Induce： （formal） to persuade someone to do something， especially something that does not seem wise； formal to cause a particular physical condition（这是本句的意思）
Tempt： to try to persuade someone to do something by making it seem attractive；
85. He （wondered， mediated） for a whole week before making that important decision.
Wonder： to think about something that you are not sure about and try to guess what is true， what will happen etc
Mediate： to try to end a quarrel between two people， groups， countries etc（在本句中表示思量考虑）
86. A （n） （literal， exact） translation is not always the best.
Literal translation： a translation that translates each word exactly instead of giving the general meaning in a more natural way
Exact： completely correct in every detail