59. We （contribute， attribute） Edison‘s success to intelligence and hard work.
Contribute： to give money， help， ideas etc to something that a lot of other people are also involved in
Attribute： to believe or say that a situation or event is caused by something
60. A wise man （preserves， reserves） some money for use in rainy days.
Reserve： to keep part of something for use at a later time during a process - used especially when describing how to cook something
61. The reckless driver got his just （deserts， desserts） when his driver‘s license was suspended.
Desert： a place where there is no activity or where nothing interesting happens
Dessert： sweet food served after the main part of a meal
62. The captain （demanded， commanded） the soldiers to fire.
Demand： to ask for something very firmly， especially because you think you have a right to do this
Command： to tell someone officially to do something， especially if you are a military leader， a king etc
63. The photos sent back from the satellite support the （theory， hypothesis） that possibly there is life on Mars.
Theory： an idea or set of ideas that is intended to explain something about life or the world， especially an idea that has not yet been proved to be true
Hypothesis： an idea that is suggested as an explanation for something， but that has not yet been proved to be true
64. There is some （resemblance， similarity） between the accounts of the fire， but all the important details are different.
Resemblance： if there is a resemblance between two people or things， they are similar， especially in the way they look（强调某一方面是相似的）
Similarity： if there is a similarity between two things or people， they are similar in some way（强调某几方面是相似的）
65. Western businessmen come in （droves， groups） to invest in light industry in China.
Groups： several people or things that are all together in the same place
66. The assassination of Martin Luther King did not quench the civil rights movement. It made the black leaders more （warlike， militant）。
Warlike： liking war and being skilful in it（作好战斗准备的）
Militant： a militant organization or person is willing to use strong or violent action in order to achieve political or social change（好战的）
67. It is not （customary， habitual） in South China to eat dumplings on Lunar New Year‘s Eve.
Customary： something that is customary is normal because it is the way something is usually done； usual
Habitual： done as a habit that you cannot stop
68. These certificates and awards are enough to （prove， qualify） him as an excellent engineer.
Prove： to show that something is true by providing facts， information etc； proof
Qualify： if something qualifies you to do something， you have the necessary skills， knowledge， and ability etc to do it
69. The boss （demonstrated， manifested） a total indifference to the safety of the workers.
Demonstrate： to show or prove something clearly
Manifest： to show a feeling， attitude etc
70. Just （follow， obey） his instructions and you will succeed.
Follow： to do something in the way that someone has told or advised you to do it
Obey： to do what someone in authority tells you to do， or what a law or rule says you must do
71. The commander-in-chief （was thinking of， was reflecting on） a massive frontal attack against the enemy.
Be thinking of： to use your mind to solve something， decide something， imagine something etc
Be reflecting on： to think carefully about something， or to say something that you have been thinking about
Frontal attack： a direct attack on the front of an army
72. It is a （regrettable， regretful） fact that our health declines， as we grow old.
Regrettable： something that is regrettable is unpleasant， and you wish things could be different
Regretful： someone who is regretful feels sorry or disappointed
73. China has the ability to pay off the debts （incurred， occurred） in acquiring foreign technology.
Incurred： Occurred： See No： 1