1. Not until recently did I realize that language and culture are closely related to each other. （倒装句）
2. We hurried to the school lest it should rain. （lest后接动词原形的虚拟语气）
3. It‘s Tom’s fault that these questions are not solved rapidly. （形式主语）
4. The color of his skin is irrelevant to whether he is a good professor or not. （whether引导宾语从句）
5. Whatever he says， I won‘t believe him. （让步状语从句）
1. Much of the carbon in the earth ___ （come） from things that once lived.
2. In the past two decades， research ___ （expand） our knowledge about sleep and dream.
3. Some proverbs ___ （be） in the language for 1，000 years， for example， A friend in need is a friend indeed.
4. ___ （stand） at the gate was a young man in green coat.
5. In 1991， after the Gulf War， Bush‘s approved rating reached 91 percent， the highest level recorded since polling ___ （begin） in the 19302.
6. Seeing violence on television or reading about it in the newspapers every day ___ （make） us tolerate crime more than we should.
7. So far， Irving ___ （live） in New York City for ten years.
8. The patient ___ （send） to another hospital before we got there.
9. The second half of the nineteenth century ___ （witness） the first extended translation into English of the writings of Eliphas Levi.
10. All the worries they might have felt for him ___ （drive） off by the sight of his cheerful face.
1. A man cannot be really happy if what he enjoys ___ （do） is ignored by society as of no value or importance.
2. Anyone ___（want） to understand the industry of the future will have to know about robotics.
3. It is a well-known fact that a person will move in a circle when he cannot use his eyes ___ （control） his direction.
4. As research techniques become more advanced， the number of animals ___ （use） in experiments may decrease.
5. It seems reasonable to assume that， other things ___ （be） equal， they would prefer single to shared rooms.
6. This poem， if ___ （translate） word for word into Chinese， will make no sense.
7. They may have their passports _____ （remove）， making leaving or “escaping” actually impossible.
8. Her body， with hands and feet ____ （bind）， was discovered by a traveler early in the morning.
9. I couldn‘t help but ___ （feel） this is a very strange life.
10. Let us consider the earth as a planet ____ （revolve） round the sun.
1. doing 动名词做enjoy的宾语
2. wanting 现在分词作定语
3. to control 动词不定式作目的状语
4. used 过去分词作定语
5. being 现在分词用在独立结构中
6. translated 连词加过去分词作状语
7. removed 过去分词作宾补
8. bound 过去分词用在独立结构中
9. feel couldn‘t help but 后接动词原形
10. revolving 现在分词作定语
1. If it hadn‘t been for your help， we ___ （be） in real trouble. He would have given you more help， if he ___ （not be） so busy.
3. It is high time that we ___ （take） firm measures to protect our environment.
4. It was imperative that students ___ （finish） their papers before July 1st.
5. They demanded that the right to vote ___ （give） to every adult person. I would rather he ____ （ buy） the house next year. The manager told us to be friendly to the visitors as if we ___ （meet） them before.
9. Should she come tomorrow， I ___ take her to the museum.
[A] can [B] will [C] would [D] must
10. If we ___ everything ready by now， we should be having a terrible time tomorrow.
[A] hadn‘t got [B] didn’t get [C] wouldn‘t have got [D] wouldn’t get
1. would have been 与过去事实相反的虚拟语气的主句
2.had not been 与过去事实相反的虚拟语气的从句
3. took It is high time +过去式的虚拟形式
4.should finish/finish It was imperative that+动词原形的虚拟形式
5. be given demand所接宾语从句用动词原形的虚拟形式
6. should have received 与过去事实相反的虚拟语气的主句，表示“本应该收到”而实际上没有。
7. bought would rather后接宾语从句，从句用过去式表示虚拟语气。
8. had met as if 所引导的从句用过去完成式表示虚拟语气。
9. C 与将来事实相反的虚拟语气的主句。
10. A 从句与现在事实相反，但本身已经是现在完成时（从by now可以看出），所以变为过去完成时。
1. Studies have shown ___ teenagers often suffer from depression.
[A] that [B] which [C] in which [D] in that
2. It is a well-known fact ___ a person will move in a circle when he cannot use his eyes to control his direction.
[A] that [B] if [C] when [D] whether
3. On the other hand concern is also growing about the possibility of a new economic order ____ resource-rich nations of the Third World would combine to set high commodity prices.
[A] which [B] what [C] that [D] in that
4. It is not yet known ____ computers will one day have vision as good as human vision.
[A] whether [B] if [C] that [D] how
5. Such attitudes amount to a belief ___ leisure can and should be put to good use.
[A] which [B] if [C] whether [D] that
6. The reason for making a decision is ___ a problem exists， goals are wrong， or something is standing in the way of accomplishing them.
[A] why [B] because [C] where [D] that
7. ___ developed was a music readily taking on various forms and capable of an almost limitless range of expression.
[A] What [B] Whether [C] That [D] Which
8. Very few people understood this contract， ___ was very obscure.
[A] the language [B] the language of which
[C] all it said [D] which it had said
9. Often music was played out of doors， ___ nature provided the environment.
[A] which [B] that [C] in which [D] where
10. Many of us visited the industrial exhibition， ____， to our disappointment， we saw very few high-tech products.
[A] where [B] which [C] as [D] that
1. A that 引导宾语从句
2. A that 引导同位语从句
3. C that 引导同位语从句
4. A it为形式主语，whether引导真正的主语从句
5. D that 引导同位语从句
6. D that 引导表语从句
7. A what 引导主语从句，并在主语从句中做主语
8. B the language of which引导非限定性定语从句，并在定语从句中做主语
9. D where引导非限定性定语从句，并在定语从句中作地点状语
10. A where引导非限定性定语从句，并在定语从句中作地点状语