75. A Filipino maid was executed in Singapore after _____ （convict） of murder.
76. With apples at 25 cents a pound， we couldn‘t resist _____ （take） four pounds.
77. When _____ （give） the chance， it is quite possible for him to fulfill the task within ten days.
78. I‘ll be only too pleased _____ （help） out those who are in difficulty.
79. Television is another major instrument of communication， _____ （permit） us to see as well as to hear the performer.
80.There are several means _____ （measure） the length and width of the gap.
81. _____ （seize） Jane by the collar， they dragged her out of the vehicle and locked her up in the dark room.
82.I couldn‘t help but _____ （feel） this is a very strange life.
83. _____ （use ） economically， one tin of oil will last at least three months.
84.It seems reasonable to assume that， other things _____ （be） equal， they would prefer single to shared rooms.
85. With the strike _____ （settle）， the work on the new assembly line went ahead like wildfire.
86. People appreciate _____ （talk） with him because he is knowledgeable and humorous.
87. Since the author did not stick to the topic， I found his article very _____ （confuse） and hard to follow.
88. You may find yourself _____ （face） one interviewer or panel.
89. _____ （understand） the effects of apartheid it is necessary to think of the daily lives of the people.
90. The domestics can have their passports removed， _____ （make） leaving or “escaping” virtually impossible.
91. Miss Hannah Arent was the first person _____ （define） the difference between work and labor.
92. I would rather he _____（buy）the house next year.
93.They demanded that the right to vote _____（give）to every adult person.
94.The manager told us to be friendly to the visitors as if we _____ （meet） them before.
95.If it hadn‘t been for your help， we _____ （be） in real trouble.
96.If you had come earlier， you _____ （not miss） the first act of the play.
97.He would have given you more help， if he _____ （not be） so busy.
98. I would recommend that you _____ （think） about doing something similar for yourself.
99. She treats me as if I _____ （be） a stranger.
100. It‘s time something _____ （do） about the traffic problem downtown.
101. It was imperative that students _____ （finish） their papers before July 1st.
102. It is high time that we _____ （take） firm measures to protect our environment.
103. Had he been treated well， he _____ （get over） this disease.
104. If only the board _____ （approve） the proposal and put it into effect.
105. If thalidomide _____ （invent） today， it would never be released for human use because new tests on pregnant animals would reveal the dangers.
106. He _________（write） her 10 letters since he met her last years.
107. I think it necessary for him ________ （finish） the work in time.
108. The house is ______ （complete） before his brother‘s wedding ceremony.