This depends on external factors rather than on a candidate‘s personal characteristics
In what fields will robots take over human tasks？
3） 在表达自己的意见时，我们应该力求客观。 .
In expressing our opinions， we should try to be as objective as possible.
To some degree， she owed her failure to bad luck.
The librarian asked the students to replace the magazines after reading.
He took no notice of his wife‘s threat to leave him.
The panel / committee / board consisting of /（which was）composed of/（which was）made up of/which consisted of/ten/10 member supported the decision with one voice / all supported the decision.
Scientists will have to come up with new methods of increasing the world‘s food supply.
Enterprises must be sensitive to the demand of the market.
Neither the benefits nor the high pay appeals to / pleases the workers. Neither the high pay nor the benefits appeal to / please the workers.
Everybody can cultivate / take to his （own） interests.
In addition to / Besides English， they have to learn a second foreign language.
The American folk music in the 1960‘s expressed anti-war sentiments as well as love and hope.
All theories originate from practice and in turn serve practice.
Candidates try to project a strong leadership image.
This air line operates five main lines and twenty branch lines.
The number of failures in the examination is surprisingly large.
People have different ideas／views about how to attain the goal.
This young man slipped a watch into his pocket without the teacher‘s knowing it/being noticed by the teacher.
Education should enable every student to develop morally， intellectually and physically.
The book has made a great impact/had a great effect/influence on its readers.
1. The purpose of making a decision is to establish and achieve organizational goals and objectives.
2. Managers must make a best guess at what the future will be and try to leave as little as possible to chance.
3. For managers， every decision has constraints based on policies， procedures， laws， precedents， and the like.
4. But the tendency to simplify blinds them to other alternatives.
5. Decision makers must have some way of determining which of several alternatives is best-that is， which contributes the most to the achievement of organizational goals.
6. Because different individuals frequently have different ideas about how to attain the goals， the best choice may depend on who makes the decision.
7. When presented with a common case， sales managers tend to see sales problems， production managers see production problems， and so on.
8. People often assume that a decision is an isolated phenomenon.
9. The literary critics should be as objective as possible in analysis and judgment.
10. She is always ready to argue over the smallest issues.
11. I argued him out of going on such a dangerous journey.
12. Although he thought he was helping us with the job， he was only in the way.
13. The terms we would normally use to describe a scientific phenomenon are inadequate here.
14. Astronomers and scientists think that a black hole is a region of space into which matter has fallen and from which nothing can escape.
15. The collapse of a star may produce a White Dwarf or a neutron star-a star， whose matter is so dense that it continually shrinks by the force of its own gravity.
16. Imagine the earth reduced to the size of a marble， but still having the same mass and a stronger gravitational pull， and you have some idea of the force of a black hole.
17. Some stars explode when their density increases to a particular point.
18. This process of shrinking may be so intense that a black hole results.
19. It is only recently that astronomers have begun specific research into black holes.
20. There might be a massive black hole at the center of our galaxy swallowing up stars at a very rapid rate.
21. Very advanced technology could one day make use of the energy of black holes for mankind.
22. He has exerted all his strength to attain his goal.
23. He has been exerting a lot of pressure on me to change my mind.
24. The collapse of the government left the country in confusion.
25. The research group launched out into a series of new experiments.
26. Each time it is shown， the program starts a nationwide debate on the subject.
27. In addition to this， a second doctor must confirm that these criteria have been met.
28 In the vast majority of euthanasia cases， what the patient is actually asking for is something else.
29. Euthanasia doesn‘t take into account that there are ways of caring for the dying.
30. Anything that legally allows the shortening of life does make those people more vulnerable. Instructions will be sent immediately on request.
31. Instructions will be sent immediately on request.
32. Many people opposed building a new highway because of the great cost.
33. She bore the whole burden of raising two children alone.
34. Students are heavily burdened with home assignments.
35. The committee demands that no member （should） be absent.
36. There are estimated to be more than 20，000 overseas domestic servants working in Britain.
37. And they can have their passports removed， making leaving or “escaping” virtually impossible.
38. Of these 20，000， just under 2000 are being exploited and abused by their employers.
39. In one of them， a Filipino maid was executed in Singapore after being convicted of murder， despite protests from various quarters that her guilt had not been adequately established.
40. I was supposed to be paid ￡120 but I never received that amount.
41. My employers always threatened to report me to the Home Office or the police.
42. Many people doubt whether this will successfully reduce the incidence of abuse.
43. So if they do complain， they risk being deported.
44. It is the right to change employers which distinguishes employment from slavery.
45. The student exploits every possibility to learn English.
46. Our country is launching a campaign against waste.
47. We should be always aware of the status of world affairs.
48. There are likely to be more difficulties than you were prepared for.