4. 在虚拟语气中，如果非真实条件句省略if，须将主句中的were， had和should等助动词和主语颠倒形成部分倒装。例如：
Were he younger （= If he were younger）， he would learn skating. 假如他年轻一些，他就会去学溜冰。
Should they forget （= If they should forget） to bring a map with them， they would get lost in the woods. 如果他们忘记带一张地图的话，他们就会在深林里迷路。
Had they realized （= If they had realized） how important the task was， they wouldn‘t have refused to accept it. 假如他们认识到这个任务是多么重要的话，他们就不致于拒绝接受这项任务。
1. My brother had a cold last week， _________.
A. so had I B. so did I
C. I had so D. so I had
2. Not until _________ home __________ his parents had been ill for three days.
A. he got； he knew B. did he get； he knew
C. he got； did he know D. did he get； did he know
3. In hardly any situation ________ find her sad.
A. that you can B. that can you
C. you can D. can you
4. Be quick！ _________.
A. The bus comes here B. Here comes the bus
C. The bus here comes D. Here is the bus coming
5. In ________ and the lesson began.
A. the teacher came B. the teacher coming
C. came the teacher D. did the teacher come
6. On the wall _________ two large portraits.
A. hangs B. hang C. hanged D. hanging
7. —— Do you know Jim quarreled with his brother？
—— I don‘t know， _________.
A. nor don‘t I care B. nor do I care
C. I don‘t care neither D. neither don’t I care
8. Only when _________ how important it is to master English.
A. did I work I realized B. I worked did I realize
C. did I work did I realize D. I worked I realized
9. _______ in the darkness that he did not dare to move an inch.
A. So frightened he was B. So frightened was he
C. He was frightened so D. So he was frightened
10. _______， she is still as strong as you.
A. As old she is B. Old as she is
C. As she is old D. As old is she
1. I have never heard a speech as exciting as this.
2. The mark was so small that I could hardly see it.
3. I hardly turned off the light when my brother came in.
4. It has at no time been more difficult for us to pass the examination.
5. We can succeed only in this way.
6. He did not speak a word at the meeting.
7. Mary not only complained about the food， but also refused to pay for it.
8. She had no sooner begun to speak than I sensed that something was wrong.
9. Mike has helped me with my English many a time.
10.There was a sudden gust of wind and his hat went away.
I. BCDBC BBBBB
II. 1. Never have I heard a speech as exciting as this.
2. So small was the mark that I could hardly see it.
3. Hardly did I turn off the light when my mother came in.
4. At no time has it been more difficult for us to pass the examination.
5. Only in this way can we succeed.
6. Not a word did he speak at the meeting.
7. Not only did Mary complain about the food， but also refused to pay for it.
8. No sooner had she begun to speak than I sensed that something was wrong.
9. Many a time has Mike helped me with my English.
10. There was a sudden gust of wind and away went his hat.