1. The officers narrowly escaped ___________in the hot battle.
A. have killed B. to kill C. to be killed D. being killed
2.___________ the letter， he went out to post it.
A. Writing B. Being writing C. Having written D. Written
3. Don't you remember ___________ ？
A. seeing the man before B. to see the man before
C. saw the man before D. to have seen the man before
4. People couldn't help ___________ the foolish emperor in the procession.
A. laugh at B. to laugh at C. laughing at D. laughing on
5. We're looking forward ___________ the photo exhibition.
A. to visiting B. to visit C. to having visited D. visiting
6. The girl ___________ under that tree is my sister.
A. sitting B. sits C. is sitting D. sat
7. This sentence needs ___________ .
A. a improvement B. improve C. improving D. improved
8. ___________ anything about the accident， he went to work as usual……
A. Not known B. Known not C. Knowing not D. Not knowing
9. The next morning she found the man ___________ in bed， dead.
A. lying B. lie C. lay D. laying
10. There was terrible noise ___________ the sudden burst of light.
A. followed B. following C. to be followed D. being followed
11. The secretary worked late into the night， ___________ a long speech for the president.
A. to prepare B. preparing C. prepared D. was preparing
12. “Can't you read？” Mary said ___________ to the notice.
A. angrily pointing B. and point angrily C. angrily pointed D. and angrily pointing
13. How about two of us ___________ a walk down the garden？
A. to take B. take C. taking D. to be taking
14. ——I must apologize for ___________ahead of time. ——That's all right.
A. letting you not know B. not letting you know
C. letting you know not D. letting not you know
15. ——You were brave enough to raise objections at the meeting. ——Well， now I regret ___________ that.
A. to do B. to be doing C. to have done D. having done
16. Would you ___________ me your identification card， sir？
A. mind to show B. mind showing C. trouble to show D. trouble showing
17. He suggested ___________ on Saturday.
A. to have a meeting B. having a meeting C. a meeting to have D. that having a meeting
18. It is no good ___________ to come now. He is busy.
A. if you ask him B. to ask him C. asking him D. that you ask him
19. Although punctual himself， the professor was quite used ___________ late for his lecture.
A. to have students B. for students to be
C. for students' being D. to students' being
20. He dressed himself quickly and ___________ his schoolbag， went to school.
A. carried B. to carry C. carrying D. carries
21. ___________ for several weeks， the city needed food.
A. As having flooded B. being flooded C. Having been flooded D. To flood
22. ___________ ill worried my parents greatly.
A. I fell B. Me falling C. My falling D. I falling
23. She is writing a letter to a friend of hers， ___________ him to attend the meeting.
A. having invited B. inviting C. to invite D. invited
24. Our town has dozens of factories， ___________several saw mills.
A. included B. are including C. are included D. including
25. ___________ the classroom， the students went to the playground to watch the football match.
A. To clean B. Having cleaned C. Cleaned D. Cleaning
1—5 D C A C D 6——10 A C D A B
11——15 B A C B D 16——20 B B C D C 21——25 C C B D B