1. I've heard him ______ about you often.
A. speak B. speaks C. spoke D. speaking
2. I went to see him，_______ him out.
A. finding B. find C. only to find D. to finding
3. He didn't know _______ or stay.
A. to leave B. if that he should leave C. if to leave D. whether to leave
4. ——Will the Smiths go abroad this summer？ ——No，they finally decided _______.
A. to B. not going C. not to D. not to be going
5. ——I usually go there by train. ——Why not _______ by boat for a change.
A. to try going B. trying to go C. to try and go D. try going
6. He pretended _______nothing about it.
A. know B. to know C. knowing D. knew
7. Little Jim should love _______ to the theatre this evening.
A. to be taken B. to take C. being taken D. taking
8. They would not allow him _______ across the enemy line.
A. to risk going B. risking to going C. for risk to go D. risk going
9. There are so many kinds of tape-recorders on sale that I can't make up my mind _______ to buy.
A. what B. which C. how D. where
10. Charles Babbage is generally considered _______ the first computer.
A. to invent B. inventing C. to have invented D. having invented
11. The missing boys were last seen _______ near the river.
A. playing B. to be playing C. play D. to play
12. The patient was warned _______ oily food after the operation.
A. to eat not B. eating not C. not to eat D. not eating
13. I regret _______ you that we are unable to offer you employment.
A. informing B. having informed C. to inform D. to informing
14. You had better get a doctor _______ your bad tooth.
A. pull out B. to pull out C. pulled out D. pulling out
15. The matter had better _______ as it is.
A. leave B. being left C. leaving D. be left
16. He was so foolish _______ his car unlocked.
A. to leave B. that leave C. as to leave D. for him to leave
17. Almost everyone fails _______ the driving test on the first try.
A. passing B. to have passed C. to pass D. in passing
18. The girl was made _______ she didn't love at all.
A. marry a man B. to marry a man C. to marry with a man D. married with a man
19. The man will use what he has _______ a camera for his wife.
A. to get B. got C. buy D bought
20. .To answer correctly is more important than _______ .
A. a quick finish B. to finish quickly C. finishing quickly D. you finish quick
21. Tom kept quiet about the accident _______ lose his job.
A. so as not to B. so not as to C. so as to not D. not so as to
22. I felt it an honor _______ to speak here.
A. to ask B. asking C. to be asked D. having asked
23. ——I'd like to buy an expensive camera.
——Well，we have several models _______ .
A. to choose from B. to choose C. to be chosen D. for choice
24. _______to the left and you'll see the post office.
A. To turn B. Turning C. Turned D. Turn
25. Will you be able to attend the lecture next week？
A. giving B. given C. to be given D. being given
1. I don't know if to help him or not.
2. She can't help cleaning the house because she’s busy making a cake.
3. We all hope you to make rapid progress.
4. The results of the research are to publish soon.
5. It is too heavy for me to lift it.
6. It's awfully good for you to come and meet us.
7. These are very good books for your children to be read.
8. He did what he could help me with my physics.
9. Let's find a place to put the things.
10. It would be easier to climb over the mountain than going round the valley.
1——5 A C D C D 6——10 B A A B C
11——15 A C C B D 16——20 C C B A B
21——25 A C A D C
1. if →whether 2. cleaning →to clean 3. hope →wish
4. publish →be published 5. lift it →lift 6. for →of
7. be read →read 8. help →to help 9. things →things in
10. going →to go