这男孩像他爸爸。The boy resembles his father.
2.不可拆开的短语动词如：take place，lose heart，belong to，consist of，change colour等短语动词。
台湾属于中国。Taiwan Island belongs to China.
b.虚词it，如foot it，cab it等。
c.身体的某一部分如shake one's head等。
I. Multiple choice
1. No permission has ___ for anybody to enter the building.（MET 88）
A. been given B. given C. to give D. be giving
2. I ___ ten minutes to decide whether I should reject the offer.（MET 89）
A. gave B. was given C. was giving D. had given
3. The police found that the house ___ and a lot of things ___.（MET90）
A. has broken into； has been stolen B. had broken into； had been stolen
C. has been broken into； stolen D. had been broken into； stolen
4. ——Have you moved into the new house？
—— Not yet，the rooms ___.（MET 91）
A. are being painted B. are painting C. are painted D. are being painted
5. As we joined the big crowd I got ___ from my friends.（NMET 2001）
A. separated B. spared C. lost D. missed
6. Cleaning women in big cities usually get ___ by the hour.（NMET 98）
A. pay B. paying C. paid D. to pay
7. Great changes ___ in the city，and a lot of factories ___.
A. have been taken place，have been set up
B. have taken place，have been set up
C. have taken place，have set up
D. were taken place，were set up
8. The suit's finished，___ it？
A. doesn't B. isn't C. hasn't D. has
9. The surface of the table ___ smooth enough.
A. hasn't felt B. doesn't feel C. isn't feeling D. isn't felt
10. Such plants never ___ in this part of the world.
A. have grown B. are growing C. grow D. are grown
11. These kinds of shoes ___ well.
A. were not sold B. won't be sold C. are not sold D. don't sell
12. Text books ___ to come in time.
A. require B. required C. are required D. are requiring
13. When the speaker entered the hall，all the listeners ___.
A. had seated B. were seated C. seated D. were seating
14. Don't get that ink on your shirt，for it ___.
A. won't wash out B. won't be washing C. isn't washing out D. doesn't wash out
15. Tom ___ to work in the office though he didn't like serving there.
A. wanted B. was wanted C. was wanting D. had wanted
16. He said he wouldn't mind ___ at home.
A. leaving alone B. being left alone C. to be left lonely D. to leave alone
17. Tom was said to ___ Mary for 40 years.
A. have been married to B. have married with
C. has bee n married D. had married with
18. The TV play ___ last night.
A. was tired out me B. tired out me C. was tired me out D. tired me out
19. I remember ___ for the job，but I forget the exact amount.
A. to be paid B. being paid C. to pay D. paying
20. In front of the hall color flags were ___.
A. hunged B. hanged C. hang D. hanging
1—5 ABDAA 6—10 CBBBC 11—15 DCBAB 16—20 BADBD