第一单元 World Tourism Organization
第二单元 Global Code of Ethics for Tourism
第三单元 Historical Sites
第四单元 Quality Criteria in Tourism：
A Conceptual Framework
第五单元 Chinese Cuisine
第六单元 Services for Tourism
第七单元 About China
第八单元 Heritage Attractions
第九单元 Scenic Sports
第十单元 Sustainable Tourism
<English for Tourism> test paper sample
I. Vocabulary and structure （20 points， 1 point for each）
1. There is hardly an environment on earth _____ some species of animal or other has not adapted successfully.
A. to which B. wherever C. to that D. as to
2. He asked me to _____ my name and address in capital letters so that they could be read more easily.
A. trace B. sign C. print D. press
II. Reading comprehension （30 points， 2 points for each）
Questions 21―25 are based on the following passage
If there is any single factor that makes for success in living， it is the ability to profit by defeat. Every success I know has been achieved because the person was able to analyze defeat and actually profit by it in his next undertaking. Confuse defeat with failure， and you are bound indeed to failure. For it isn‘t defeat that makes you fail； it is your own refusal to see in defeat the guide and encouragement to success.
Defeats are nothing to be shamed of. They are routine incidents in the life of every man who achieves success. But defeat is a dead loss unless you do face it without humiliation. Analyze it and learn why you failed. Defeat， in other words， can help to cure its own cause. Not only does defeat prepare us for success， but also nothing can arouse within us such a compelling desire to succeed. If you let a baby grasp a rod and try to pull it away， he will hold more and more tightly on to it until his whole weight is suspended. It is this same reaction that should give you new and greater strength every time you are defeated. If you exploit the power that defeat gives， you can accomplish with it far more than you are capable of.
21. It can be inferred from the first paragraph that， in a sense， the author values defeat as _____.
A. the profitable success
B. a turning point from success to failure
C. the factor inspiring success
D. a substitute for success
22. The person who was able to analyze defeat is likely _____.
A. to get confused B. to be ashamed of it
C. to gain from it D. to add more sorrow to himself
23. The author implied but didn‘t state directly that defeat _____.
A. could often come along with too much ambition
B. could inevitably lead to final success
C. could only result in disappointment
D. could easily be taken for failure
24. According to the author， the value of defeat lies in the fact that defeat itself _____.
A. is sure to reproduce itself
B. proves to be a routine incident
C. can help to dig out its own cause of failure
D. has nothing to do with humiliation
25. Defeat can give someone new and greater strength because ____.
A. it can stimulate an even stronger desire for success
B. it can prepare us for more difficulties
C. it can provide us with new experience
D. it can exercise our patience
III. Give a short answer to each of the following questions. （10 points， 5 points for each）
36. What is the aim of the World Tourism Organization？
IV. Translate the following sentences into English. （15points， 3 points for each）
V. Translate the following paragraphs into Chinese. （10points， 2points for each）
43. The products of most industries are tangible. They can be seen， touched， and sometimes even smelled and tasted.
44.They have weight and take up space. For instance， when one buys a car， he can choose whatever color and make he like； he can examine it carefully and drive it for distance as a test.
VI. Writing （15points）
48.In your opinion， what could a hotelier do to survive the competition？ Write an article with no less than 150 words.