1. Excuse me for breaking in on your conversation.
2. Whenever he makes an experiment， he forgets all other things.
3. There have been a lot of explanations as to causes of heart disease.
4. As for me， I have nothing to say against it.
5. For the sake of saving a few dollars， Tom walks to work.
6. She doesn‘t want to discuss this subject. Neither do I.
7. We should do our best to keep the work going smoothly.
8. I found it hard to understand what he had said.
9. You can go out as you promise to be back before 11 o‘clock.
10. Mary is too proud to see her own shortcomings.
1. It is of great importance for college students to take part in social practice.
2. Primitive people thought that eating deer would make them run as fast as the deer.
3. The child took the toy apart but didn‘t know how to put it together.
4. The two brothers are quite similar in appearance but they differ greatly in character.
5. She found it difficult to adapt herself to the life in a foreign country.
6. He has nothing to spend his money， while I have no money to spend.
7. I knew I should study， but he persuaded me to go to the movies.
8. Many a quarrel has come about through a misunderstanding.
9. Some people who have made much progress are never satisfied with themselves.
10. The foreign visitors were amazed at our achievements made in such a short time.
9.他花了很长时间才习惯了这一事实，即他失业了。（come to terms with）
1. They use specially trained dogs to watch over their sheep at night.
2. Don‘t worry too much about your son. He is big enough to take care of himself.
3. When he learned of the usefulness of foreign languages， he took to studying English.
4. The boy wanted to join the club but was turned down because he was under age.
5. What you‘ve talked about is only one of the problems we’re going to solve today.
6. He has some difficulties in his study， but with his teachers‘ help he has kept up with the class.
7. How does this year‘s steel production compare with that of last year for quality？
8. You‘d better leave things alone if you don’t know how to deal with them.
9. It has taken him a long time to come to terms with the fact that he was without work.
10. His sufferings are largely due to his putting a false value on things.