Part One： Questions 1-20
Directions： There are 20 sentences in this part. For each sentence there are four choices marked A， B， C and D. Choose the ONE that best completes the sentence. （在下列各题中选择一个最佳答案填空。） 20%
1. Please try your best to push the sales of our goods ________ your end.
A. for B. to
C. by D. at
2. They intended to lower the cost of products. ________ they did not succeed in reducing the package cost.
A. Therefore B. And
C. Furthermore D. However
3. ________ your request， we have sent the samples to you by air.
A. In compliance to B. Compliance with
C. In comply with D. In compliance with
4. It is our ________ to do business on CIF basis.
A. usual way B. usual practice
C. common practice D. general practice
5. The buyer suggested that the packing of this article ________ improved.
A. be B. must have been
C. would be D. had to be
6. We were warmly welcomed ________ we entered the room.
A. where B. unless
C. until D. as soon as
7. Whoever submits an application earliest ________ the right to be interviewed first.
A. had B. have had
C. has D. have
8. It is ________ good chance ________ we mustn‘t miss it.
A. so / that B. so a / that
C. such / that D. such a / that
9. ________ people involved， ________ the new procedures could be implemented.
A. The fewer / the earlier B. Fewer / earlier
C. The less / the earlier D. Less / earlier
10. ________ do you think we should interview for the newsletter
A. Who B. Whoever
C. Whom D. Whomever
11. They felt ________ about the sales of the company.
A. badly B. bad
C. worse D. worst
12. Ms. Hansen is ________ than the office manager she replaced.
A. much more businesslike B. many more businesslike
C. much more business like D. much business like
13. Mr. Sims has been ill， but we expect him ________ by next month.
A. to be well B. well
C. to be good D. good
14. Several people， ________ I listed below， have not submitted their reports.
A. that B. whom
C. which D. who
15. Alex works harder than ________ in the office.
A. everyone else B. anyone else
C. everyone D. anyone
16. ________ your decision to place regular orders with us， we request that you furnish us with two references for the initial purchase.
A. While appreciating B. As appreciating
C. When appreciate D. Because we appreciate
17. If there were fewer management staff， more work ________ .
A. would be done B. will be done
C. have to be done D. should be done
18. No one made more profit in that transaction than ________ .
A. her B. them
C. he D. him
19. Because of air pollution being greatly reduced， this city is still ________ .
A. a good place to live in B. lived as a good place
C. lived in as a good place D. a good place to live
20. Mr. Howard， ________ his study of the situation， was ready to talk about it when I arrived.
A. completed B. having completed
C. had completed D. being completed
Part Two： Questions 21-30
There is one mistake in each of the following questions. Detect and correct the mistakes. Write your corrections together with the mistakes on the answer sheet. （下列每句各有一 个错误，找出错误并改正。请将错误及改正写在答题纸上。） 20%
Example： Who‘s taking care the dog while you’re away
taking care → taking care of
21. At receipt of your advice we shall open the letter of credit immediately.
22. Computers have made a great contribution to the civilization of the whole world after it began to be widely used.
23. He told me that he would come here or not was still uncertain.
24. I‘m certain that if you work harder， you are to succeess.
25. I suggest that he gets up early next morning so as to catch the first bus.
26. The numbers of this claim do not correspond those on the printout.
27. Packed in a box， the typist could not find the machine.
28. Mrs. Strong is responsible with hiring computer personnel.
29. The manager is confident that there will not be many objections for these proposals.
30. The most worst economic reversal of the twentieth century， the Great Depression of the 1930s， began in the United States.
Part Three： Questions 31-40
Write logical sentences with the words and phrases given. （用所给的词和词组写出符合逻辑的句子。） 10%
31. herself / descending / and / hurt / the staircase / she / slipped
32. the repairs / now / to carry out / you /us /are / completed /asked
33. now / cassette tapes / perfection / of / the production / reached / has
34. promotion policies / on / he / the recent proposal / angrily / about / spoke
35. then / the president / the annual report / and / presented / merger / the / announced
36. January / travel restrictions / for / the convention / was cancelled / owing to / scheduled
37. to write / for information / the salesperson / us / the main office / told / to / directly
38. the brochure / the advertising manager / wrote / to the customers / printed and mailed / had it
39. that / have forgotten / data form / find / we / you / to file / the required / personal
40. you / we / are writing / for the meeting / of / the change / to inform / in our plans
Part Four： Questions 41-50
Each of the following sentences contains one punctuation error. One punctuation in each is either missing or misused. Detect the error and write the missing punctuation or your correction together with the word before the punctuation on the answer sheet. （下面每句都有一个标点符号错误，该用标点处未用标点或标点符号用错。改正错误或补写标点，并将其与前面的一个单词一起填写在答题纸上。） 10%
Example： A. What a nice present you gave me. me！
B. You think you are right don‘t you right，
41. Will you attend the sales meeting or will you send a substitute
42. The ability to communicate is essential， the ability to communicate on the job is critical.
43. We only hire persons with an M.B.A degree for that type of position.
44. Its time for the appointment； he‘ll represent me.
45. We can‘t place an order with you at present， because， we find your price is on the high side.
46. I heard Mr. Lee close the door， but， I didn‘t hear him open it.
47. She showed me the books； two novels by Faulkner and a book on economics
48. I cannot wait any longer for your answer， I assume that you are not interested in the job.
49. You are Jims secretary， I‘m sure.
50. He is someone， that can accomplish a great deal in a short period of time.
Memo Writing （15%）
51. Your company has developed rapidly in recent years， which has also caused problems of organization and communications. The Board of Directors has engaged a firm of management consultants to study the organization and suggest improved means of communication. You are Secretary to the Managing Director， who asks you to draft a memo to be sent to all staff， announcing the decision. Now draft a memo of about 50 words to this effect.
Letter Writing （25%）
52. 写一封字数在130－150之间的推荐信， 推荐一位曾在你公司工作过的销售员。内容包括：